ECL-230X Maximum Locking Strength
Get a live demonstration.
Detex introduces a maximum security, multi-point lock so big and strong that it stands up to assault by the bad guys and reduces employee and customer theft.
The ECL-230X-TDB is a heavy-duty, easy to install three-bolt multi-point lock whose construction takes panic hardware to a whole new level of toughness and eases your back-door security worries. It is designed with a larger deadbolt that goes deeper into the frame than other locks in the category. Connecting rods are solid steel, rather than the less reliable hollow rod/cable construction. Life safety and code compliant, the new Detex ECL-230X-TDB serves as both panic hardware and a maximum-strength locking device.
The ECL-230X-TDB includes a photo-luminescent sign available in more than 10 color/language combinations, 100 decibel alarm and 3 locking points per door.
- Top Deadbolt – approximately 1” wide by 1/2” thick deadbolt, the top bolt provides additional stability to the top corner of the door
- Side Deadbolt – 2-1/4” tall by 1/2” thick deadbolt with a 1” throw allows for 3/4” penetration into strike (Detex recommends Flush installation for maximum security). With 1.6875 square inches of bolt engagement, the side deadbolt provides superior defense against pulling and prying on the side of the door
- Bottom bolt – 5/8” HEX bolt with 3/4” throw, engages the floor with 5/8” penetration provides better attack resistance and superior defense against the “peeling up” of the bottom of the door
Combining the ECL-230X-TDB with Detex’s DX Bolts provides an additional line of defense against break-ins via additional locking points. Even if the exterior door hinges are compromised the DX bolts keep the door locked and secure. These passive deadbolts are easy to install and offer another layer of attack resistance. Add suffix DX3 (ECL-230X-TDB-DX3) for 6 locking points for even stronger security.
How tough is the ECL-230X-TDB? Independent laboratory testing proves a door secured by the ECL-230X-TDB, and when combined with 3 DX Bolts can withstand 16,000 lbs. of pull force.
Optional accessories include rod covers, bottom bolt guard, hinge side locking (DX) bolts, Battery Eliminator (BE-961), and inside pull handle. For outdoor installation, an adjustable gate plate is available.
ECL-230X models include:
- ECL-230X (Dead Bolt Only)
- ECL-230X-W (Weatherized Dead Bolt)
- ECL-230X-TB (Top and Bottom Bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TB (Weatherized Top and Bottom Bolt)
- ECL-230X-TD (Top and Dead Bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TD (Weatherized Top and Dead Bolt)
- ECL-230X-TDB (Top Bolt, Dead Bolt and Bottom Bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TDB (Weatherized Top Bolt, Dead Bolt and Bottom Bolt)
Almost all hardware and accessories can be customized with different finishes, colors, sizes, and more. Ask us how this new generation of life safety and security hardware can make a powerful difference at your back door.