Responsible for testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies and performs routine maintenance of electronic production equipment. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Interpets and uses schematics as required to complete job functions.
- Solders assembles, inspects, tests, diagnosis, troubleshoots and repairs electronic assemblies and multi-level PCB boards and properties per design specification.
- Operates SMT and through hole equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on electronic production equipment.
- Sets up machines for individual PWA production and assists production staff.
- Troubleshoots basic machine errors (not programming related).
- Completes backup and restores machine databases as needed.
- Performs KISS machine offline programming and manages MSL components.
- Creates and manages Heller oven profiles.
- Evaluates paste screen condition, order as needed in conjunction with production staff.
- Creates test plans and tests to engineering specifications.
- Participates in product implementation and corrective actions related to electronic assemblies and test fixtures. Builds simple test fixtures to support production testing.
- Completes first level electronic test fixture troubleshooting and coordinates with engineering on corrective actions.
- Performs minor test fixture repairs that don’t require engineering support.
- Performs nonconforming activities related to non-function electronic assemblies.
- Procures material and tools needed to maintain electronics testing workspace.
- Works with blueprints, process sheets, operations manuals, and schematics.
- Provides electronic technical support for production as directed.
- Maintains detailed records of daily reported issues and completed repairs along with any further actions required on assemblies, production, and repairs.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills.
- Is responsible for completion of assigned work, efficiency, and productivity.
- Ensures repairs are completed timely to minimize backlog to meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste, and customer complaints.
- Attendance: reports to work on time at the beginning of the shift, after meal & break periods and is prepared to work immediately after clock in.
- Supports cross-training of production staff and new hires.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in work output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and Detex operational controls.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in electronics and two-years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic and electro-mechanical engineering principles, mechanisms, techniques, testing procedures and circuit boards, processors and integrated circuits.
- Knowledge of basic Laboratory equipment such as soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc. Ability to use various soldering and wiring technics.
- Skill in using various electronic testing equipment and measuring devices.
- Skill in designing and testing mechanical and electro-mechanical products
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering designs, schematics, and work orders.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions, and troubleshoot on electronic products.
- Ability to use electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and hand tools.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compile and maintain records, logs and organize reports accurately.
- Ability to operate office equipment and systems; computer, email, excel, phones etc.…
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects up to 75 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate telephone, computer keyboard, basic office and shipping equipment which are essential aspects of this position.