Is responsible for incoming material/part(s) inspection, performing quality tests and/or comparisons of manufactured, purchased parts and materials for dimensional accuracy, form, fit, alignment, and functional operation using various measuring instruments and devices, documenting results, deviations, and findings. Completes other support-related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility is to inspect incoming material/parts to specifications to identify material/part discrepancies for non-conformance and document and report variances.
- Performs mechanical and electronic part inspections. To include machine shop first piece in-process and final inspections.
- Visually verify PC boards and components by comparing them to print specifications.
- Uses measuring tools, such as micrometers, calipers, steel rules, and height gauges to inspect products, parts, and materials and ensure they meet established tolerances.
- Records and maintains files of results and findings of inspections.
- Prepares vendor rejection notification reports and vendor warning reports as required.
- Provides routine and technical information regarding the status of and/or non-compliance of inspected products and materials.
- Communicates frequently with co-workers, other departments, and vendors.
- Achieves quality assurance objectives thru the collection of information, analysis of data, and strategic review of incoming products and products produced.
- Helps to meet quality assurance financial objectives by analyzing variances and recommending corrective actions for management review.
- Validates quality processes by measuring product specifications, quantities, and quality attributes. Establishes critical limits, monitoring procedures, verification procedures, and corrective action progress when applicable.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures. Puts product in containment for any issues identified.
- Assist with sorting of material for defects or customer claims, when needed.
- Maintains, monitors, and improves product quality by completing audits.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; including failed processes, recalls and re-validations.
- Completes in-process inspection to ensure the production process is as defined in the production work instructions.
- Communicates product, process, and documentation discrepancies and potential discrepancies to aid continuous improvement efforts to the Quality Manager.
- Enters daily scrap for inventory control and for improvement analysis.
- Suggest opportunities for improvement for the company.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Controls costs by ensuring materials meet qualitspecificationsns and identifies, documents, and reports any defective material and/or parts.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate. One year of experience in a related field and/or Associates Degree is preferred.
- Ability to perform quality control inspections and tests on products and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints, and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use standard inspection measuring instruments and devices.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and use excel.
- Be attentive to detail, have good planning, and time management skills, and be willing to assume a variety of quality assurance-related tasks.
- Prior experience with manufacturing assembly quality assurance preferred.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and filing and organizing material.
- Ability to maintain records, and documents and compile and organize reports accurately.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, and reaching/bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.