Responsible for all sales and marketing functions to include advertising and add placement, customer and product specification development, marketing research, promotional strategies and implementation, product pricing, and profit margin analysis to improve the company sales through distribution channels, winning, maintaining, and expanding productive relationships with channel partners. Executing customer presentations, overseeing account profiles, monitoring competitor activity, helping all communications with resellers, and creating plans for market growth. Manages multiple sales and marketing representatives, initiates, and maintains sales promotions and buying programs. Support-related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Manage information flow and product sales through sales representative organizations.
- Create selling parameters and marketing strategies and work with sales representative organizations to identify viable distributors to encourage sales.
- Manages all advertising activities, including campaigns, ad placement, ad schedules, website messaging, video development, and maintaining Company marketing principles.
- Develop and implement sales channel marketing plans, pricing, and promotional programs to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for achieving marketing and sales, profitability, and recruitment objectives.
- Define and implement related sales and marketing strategies, such as new product introductions and competitive selling proposals and advertisements.
- Proactively assesses and clarifies distributor needs to support sales and product servicing with training on promoting/marketing, using, and installing products.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other channels by fostering excellent communication internally/externally through strict adherence to rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Travel to sales representative organizations and distributors to market, demonstrate and sell company products and provide product information related to specifications, applications, features & benefits, competitive advantages, pricing, availability, etc.
- Process and follow up on sales leads with appropriate manufacturer’s representatives, distributors, and/or end-users. Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Determine priority and effort given to each account based on sales potential and sales maintenance to achieve sales quota and assigned profitability expectations.
- Attends tradeshows and interfacing with visitors/customers regarding products.
- Prepare price quotes and negotiate volume discounts within buying program guidelines.
- Leads marketing staff and outside sales managers to coordinate sales activities and work with inside sales to coordinate orders and services.
- Position requires extensive travel that may result in various modes of transportation.
- Research competitive marketing techniques for new product development to include competitor pricing, and marketing initiatives and develops related Marketing strategies.
- Supervises Product Manager and customer specifications & custom product items.
- Supervises web/literature designer and desktop publisher functions.
- Meets with media & vendors regarding marketing initiatives to include advertising, print & digital, tradeshows, presentations, training, emails, videos, web metrics, etc…
- Monitor’s use of all Company logos on all digital and printed material is accurate.
- Manages web announcements, brochures, press releases, and all communications.
- Schedules/coordinates work to ensure timely delivery of promotional products, advertising material, price books, catalogs, and other marketing literature.
- Provides marketing literature and training on how to promote and market products.
- Support the development of ERP systems related to sales, marketing & customer service.
- Develops/maintains sales/marketing budget and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Hires, develops, and supervises sales and marketing staff and is responsible for the development and maintenance of succession plans and cross-training.
- Adhere to and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or university in Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field and 5 years’ experience in sales/marketing; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Skills in applying effective sales and marketing techniques, practices, and strategies.
- Knowledge of commercial security and life safety products, A.H.C. Certification, and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, specifications, commercial construction documents, and sales reports.
- Skills in effectively listening, communicating verbally, and writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- PC, other office equipment, and using different software proficiency.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently and make public speaking presentations.
- Class C driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently. Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment. Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilizing near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate a telephone, computer keyboard, basic office equipment, and hand tools which are essential aspects of this position. Ability to travel and complete product setup which may include carrying, lifting, twisting, and reaching to perform essential job functions.