Responsible for managing marketing and sales activities for security and access control products to maximize sales and profits. Manages multiple sales representatives; designs and maintains sales promotions and buying programs; performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the sale of company products and services, identifying and pursuing sale opportunities, and serving a customer base. Uses initiative, tact, and diplomacy. Responsible for achieving sales and profitability objectives.
- Fosters excellent communication internally and externally.
- Analyzes data and develops marketing goals/strategies for new and existing products.
- Develop and implement sales marketing plans, pricing, and promotional programs to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Creates selling parameters and works with organizations to encourage sales.
- Contacts existing and prospective distributors and sales representatives to demonstrate and sell products. Process and follow up on incoming sales leads.
- Provides marketing and technical literature and sales training on how to promote, market, use and install products.
- Maintains and provides product information related to features, benefits, technical specifications, competitive advantages, applications, pricing, availability, etc.
- Preparesand conducts presentations/demonstrations promoting the product during industry meetings and tradeshows.
- Prepares quotes and negotiates volume discounts within buying program guidelines.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and customer personnel.
- Travel to organizations and distributors to demonstrate and sell company products and provide product information related to specifications, applications, features & benefits, competitive advantages, pricing, availability, etc.
- Ensures customer compliance with customer agreements/contracts.
- Determine priority and effort given to each account based on sales potential and sales maintenance to achieve sales quota and assigned profitability expectations.
- Participates in setting up and interfacing with visitors/customers at tradeshows.
- Works with customers and inside sales to coordinate sales orders and service.
- Development of sales key performance indicators (KPIs) for monthly review/analysis of actual results vs. plan.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of succession plan and cross-training to ensure business continuity.
- Develops and administers departmental marketing and sales budget.
- Hires, develops and supervises sales and administrative support staff.
- Adhere to and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or university in Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field and 5 years experience in sales/marketing; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Skills in applying effective sales and marketing techniques, practices, and strategies.
- Knowledge of commercial security and life safety products, A.H.C. Certification, and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze blueprints, plans, specifications, commercial construction documents, sales reports, and marketing data.
- Skills in effectively listening, communicating verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- PC, other office equipment, and using different software proficiency.
- Extensive travel is required and may result in various modes of transportation, such as driving, flights, public transportation, etc.… Class C driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching, and bending at the waist. Indoor/ outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilizing near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate a telephone, computer keyboard, basic office equipment, and hand tools which are essential aspects of this position.
- Ability to travel and complete product setup which may include carrying, lifting, twisting, and reaching to perform essential job functions.