Responsible for assembling mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products; sets up jobs; packs products and other related duties as required. ENTRY LEVEL – NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials (BOM) and accurately pick materials required for scheduled work orders.
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products using various parts, such as, electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires.
- Operates/uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
- Reviews work orders and ensure appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blue prints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Strips and wraps wires, solders parts and wires to units.
- Inserts small component parts and/or wiring into printed circuit boards.
- Packages product and prepares for shipping. Ensures all packaging is according to workmanship standard.
- Maintains departmental records and logs.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials.
- Attaches identifying labels to finished product,boxes and part containers per work instructions. Assist in moving materials, parts and products as needed.
- Determines item identification and stock location. Stores items in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Run what is scheduled to run. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure product meets work instruction specifications, quality attributes and reports variances immediately to lead/supervisor.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Production ownership: Responsible for assigned production efficiency, productivity and accuracy of items produced to minimize backlog.
- Attendance: report to work on time at the beginning of the shift, after meal & break periods and be prepared to work immediately after clock in.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills to ensure a high level of employee dignity, respect and teamwork in the work area.
- Supports cross-training of production staff and new hires.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of workarea.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate. Experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools and soldering iron
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to distinguish colors for color coding practices
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production/assembly related tasks.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.