Responsible for overall Supply Chain Management (SCM); purchasing, shipping, receiving, and all material inventory with a strong systems background, leadership skills, and organizational and prioritization abilities to drive change and optimize logistics processes. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Control and analysis of SCM processes and responsible for raw data system entries.
- Creates cycle count program within the ERP system.
- Drives improvements in inventory accuracy/cycle count and inventory location accuracy.
- Updates inventory and bill of materials (BOM) cost in the system.
- Develops and assigns responsibilities for Return Material Authorization (RMA), Return to Vendor (RTV), and for non-conforming inventory disposition.
- Leads Material Review Board (MRB) in evaluating and disposing of rejected material.
- Develop a process for technical support material needs.
- Creates a program for multi-sourcing vendor options and communicates with vendors to obtain product and price information. Negotiates cost.
- Supports product development and leverages preferred supply base for implementation.
- Develop and implement supplier scorecards/report card performance metrics.
- Manage vendor relationships and develop improvement projects.
- Ensures supplier terms and conditions are upheld and resolves supplier concerns.
- Ensures confidentiality of all data provided or stored by the company.
- Provides scheduling, procurement, shipping, receiving, and other information as needed.
- Consult with departments on purchases and suppliers to order commodities, materials, and services that best meet the needs of the organization.
- Monitors inventory levels, purchase orders, and approves purchase orders.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders and shipping charges.
- Directs movement of material from shipping/receiving to storage and work areas.
- Evaluates shipping notices, invoices, orders, and other records to determine work assignments, shipping priorities, and shipping methods required to meet deadlines.
- Ensures adherence to legal load limits per established State weight limits.
- Ensures inspection of material handling equipment and coordinates repairs.
- Analyzes data and develops procurement, shipping, and receiving goals/strategies for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Fosters excellent communication internally and externally.
- Develops/maintains department budget and inventory costs.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) for monthly review/analysis of actual results vs. plan and drive improvements.
- Trains employees and process owners in system and data evaluation and manipulation to support KPIs and customer expectations.
- Hires, develops and supervises staff and is responsible for the development and maintenance of succession plans and cross-training to ensure business continuity.
- Adhere to and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution/college or university in Materials Management, Finance, Industrial Technology, or a related field and four years’ experience in purchasing and/or inventory control; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience. Experience in multiple product line manufacturing environments. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a materials management/supervisory role. Master’s degree preferred.
- Skills in applying effective chain supply management techniques, practices, and strategies.
- Knowledge of and skills in applying inventory control principles and practices
- Knowledge of and ability to apply lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze bills of materials and shipping, receiving, and procurement data. Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Ability to organize resources, establish priorities, delegate, supervise & follow up.
- Skills in effectively listening, communicating verbally, and writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Skills in using PC, other office equipment, and different software proficiency.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly components.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist. Indoor/ outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilizing near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate a telephone, computer keyboard, basic office equipment, and hand tools which are essential aspects of this position.