Is responsible for set up and operation of machine shop equipment to produce parts, hardware and other door management security products. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Sets-up, adjusts all machinery according to print specifications and safety requirements.
- Inspects machinery and equipment to insure proper and safe operation.
- Operates and uses various machines, hand tools, small power tools; including but not limited to: punch press, drill press, sander, tapping machine, spin-o-matic, milling machines, kick press and other machine shop equipment to produce security hardware products and/or components.
- Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
- Uses various measuring devices or test fixtures and gauges to verify quality of components being produced. Completes repairs or reworks units as requested.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Adjust to secure required dimensions and quality on machine production runs.
- Produces samples (first piece) for inspection and inspects production piece parts for proper dimensions/specifications using various measuring equipment and test factures.
- Completes in-process-inspection and places product on hold/containment if needed. Reports production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to supervisor.
- Works from drawings, patterns, templates, process sheets or samples and written and verbal instructions.
- Supports training and assistance to machine shop staff and new hires.
- Operates forklifts, man-lifts and shop machines as needed to meet production needs.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence and professional communication skills.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production, efficiency and productivity to minimize backlog.
- Assists in recordkeeping related to job orders/production.
- Begins and ends shift on time consistently and reports delays immediately.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of workarea.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and 1 year machine shop experience required. Programming and operating CNC machine and 1 years’ experience in a machine shop manufacturing environment preferred.
- Skill in using hand tools and small power tools.
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of machine shop related tasks. Knowledge of metal properties preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced skills operating shop machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and using precise measuring devises
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Skills in programming and operating Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 75 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching and bending at the waist.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials/objects and operate basic office and machine shop equiptment which are essential job duties.