Responsible for the preparation of custom and standard security products for final assembly; cutting, welding, sanding, painting, silk-screening and assembling various metal plates/products; and other production support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to;
- Prepares and assembles custom and standard products for final assembly.
- Works from samples, drawings, blueprints, schematics and written/verbal instructions.
- Cuts, drills and punches various metal parts following written instructions or diagrams.
- Uses various shop tools: welding machine, drill press, paint sprayer, sander, table saw, metal bender/shear, grinder, chop/jig saw, and silk screen equipment to finish products.
- Cuts, drills, and taps ferrous and non-ferrous metals and plastics.
- Welds studs to product plates.
- Prepares and finishes plates by filling in holes, sanding, priming, and painting.
- Packages plates and sends to production.
- Provides general and information related to products.
- Ensures assigned production work orders are followed. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure product meets work instruction specifications, quality attributes and reports variances immediately to lead/supervisor.
- Collaborates with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Production ownership: responsible for assigned production efficiency, productivity and accuracy of items produced to minimize backlog.
- Attendance: reports to work on time at the beginning of the shift, after meal & break periods and is prepared to work immediately after clock in.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills.
- Supports cross-training of staff and new hires.
- Supports cross-department functions as needed.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of workarea.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by the company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one-year fabrication related work experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of various metal fabrication techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of various metal finishing techniques and procedures
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using various machine shop tools.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in working with various metals, plastics and paints
- Skill in performing shop mathematics
- Welding experience.
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production related tasks.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and shop tools which are essential aspects of this position.