Primary responsibility is to respond to customer service requests and process purchase orders.
Responsible for receiving, entering and processing sales, shipping and repair orders; providing customer service information; and performing other office support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Provides product and billing information, tracking numbers, order status, price/proforma quotes, COD’s and freight costs to customers via telephone and electronically.
- Receives purchase orders via telephone or electronically; verifies and enters information like pricing, items being ordered, COD cash in advance or open account into system.
- Calculates credits, price quotes, taxes, COD’s and freight costs on quotes and purchase orders and receives and enters rush orders.
- When accounts are on credit hold, notifies accounting for appropriate disposition.
- Works closely with Customer Service Technical Support to assure customer success.
- Prepares packs with special shipping/packing instructions before releasing for shipping.
- Coordinates shipments between factory, customer and forwarder.
- Prepares documents for processing credits, debits and RMA’s.
- Supports new hire training and cross-training to ensure business continuity.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization and safety of workarea; follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Follows established procedures and/or guidelines in performing essential job functions to comply with all company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate; one year experience preferred. Experience in manufacturing environment desired.
- Experience in processing purchase orders for relatively complex configurable products.
- Initiative and organizational ability for effective time management and ability to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in operating personal computer and other office equipment.
- Knowledge of and skill in basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to interpreting sales orders and to maintain records.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner, listen attentively and provide customer service tactfully verbally and in writing internally/externally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- General knowledge of commercial security and door hardware products preferred.
- Be willing to work weekend and extended hours as required.
- Spanish bilingual proficiency, including reading and writing desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or move objects up to 30 pounds.
- Subjected to sitting for prolonged periods of time and twisting and reaching occasionally.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.